Friday, June 5, 2015

Yongfu Temple 永福寺 where Donggao Xinyue 東皋心越 lived

Yongfu Monastery entrance shot by Jiang Wu
When I was in Hangzhou a few weeks ago, I was invited by Ven. Yuezhen 月真 to have tea in his Yongfu monastery 永福寺, which is very close to my hotel at Jiuli yunsong 九里雲松. I was excited because he told me this is the monastery where Donggao Xinyue 東皋心越 lived before he went to Japan. The temple is above the famed Lingyin monastery 靈隱寺. Ven. Yuezhen's tea room has a stunning view over the West Lake 西湖 and Hangzhou 杭州 city. The weather was gorgeous. It couldn't better to enjoy tea, calligraphy, and painting with a Zen monk in such a scenic spot.
Donggao Xinyue calligraphy 雲深處 shot by Jiang Wu


View of West Lake and Hangzhou city from Ven. Yuezhen's tea room shot by Jiang Wu


No comments:

Post a Comment